Click On A Question To View Answer
Market value or fair market value is the most probable price that a property should bring (will sell for) in a competitive and open market under all conditions requisite to a fair sale, the buyer and seller, each acting prudently, knowledgeably and assuming the price is not affected by undue stimulus. Implicit in this definition is the consummation of a sale as of a specified date and the passing of title from seller to buyer under conditions whereby:
- The buyer and seller are typically motivated
- Both parties are well informed or well advised
- A reasonable time is allowed for exposure to the open market
- The payment is made in terms of cash in U.S. dollars or in terms of financial arrangements comparable thereto
- The price represents the normal consideration for the property sold unaffected by special or creative financing or sales concessions granted by anyone associated with the sale.